Publishing Business conference & expo
Una tre giorni sull’editoria si terrà a New York, dal 4 al 6 aprile: “Publishing Business conference & expo”. Più di 100 esperti spiegheranno le strategie di successo «for efficiency, innovation, growth and profitability». Presenti anche più di 70 espositori con le più avanzate soluzioni editoriali. A completare l’evento, sarà possibile realizzare incontri riservati (face-to-face), per sviluppare accordi o avviare contatti di lavoro.
Tra i seminari più interessanti, ne segnalo tre, sperando che mi inviino le slide, dopo.
The Cross-Platform Book Publisher: Reinvent Your Company
While printed books remain the bread and butter for many publishing companies, digital products are increasingly becoming a part of today’s publishing organization. Publishers must learn how to live in a hybrid world. Learn from experts how to reinvent your company to bring products to market in multiple formats, faster and more profitably.
• How to change your perspective from print publishing with digital products to a true multichannel, or “hybrid” publisher
• How to structure your processes for digital publishing (whether digital-first or print-first)
• What capabilities and tools you need and how you get them
• What should remain core to the publisher, and what should be outsourced;
• Should you have a separate digital team or an integrated team?
Reconstructing U.S. News & World Report: How a 75-year-old brand found success in the new media world.
In this special half-hour case study, U.S. News Editor Brian Kelly will share insights into:
• the decision to cease the brand’s longstanding print publication
• its financial impact and benefits
• the company’s goals to focus on its successful ranking guides, such as its “Best Colleges” and “Bet Hospitals,” as well as publishing eight special print editions annually
• its U.S. News Daily digital publication• its strategy for moving forward… and more!
Secrets to Successful Sales of Online Content
Track: Book, Magazine
Whether consumer or B2B, magazine, book or other, companies who sell content need to think more like online direct marketers and ecommerce companies than traditional publishers. You must develop a direct, ongoing relationship with your target audience. In this session we’ll go through the key steps of successful online content sales:
• Attracting the right audience to your web site.
• Getting visitors to register with their email address.
• Creating an on-going dialog with the audience through which you can market your content products.
• Improving the e-commerce experience to increase sales.
• How multiple online promotion channels work together.
• Tracking metrics to improve sales results.
Link Publishing Business conference & expo,
New York, 4-6 aprile
Giorgio Russo & staff